Thursday, July 12, 2007

Finally Finished!

It was a very emotional day today, as everybody will agree, when we finally finished the "pond" (or puddle as we discovered) which has become such a big part of our lives for the last couple of days. But I do feel a tremendous sense of well-being knowing that we saved all those amazing dragon fly larvae and eels in the tourist hot-spot that is the middle of nowhere in Roydon Woods.

Although I won't miss the digging and being covered in mud and getting strange looks on the bus, I will miss our new favourite farmer; Billy Joe.

I think I might develop a deep psychological issue now so whenever I see clay i'm going to have an overwhelming urge to dig. Although there was some complaining today I think it's fair to say that everybody has had a great time this weak (even with the young almost offenders who almost did some work) and we hope the pipe now works so we never have to return!

It's been a fun way to finish our 1st year at Tauntons College.

No comments: